Cheerleader Tryout Date Announced
Benefits of being a Tiger-Cats Cheerleader
– Dance for a professional sports team
– Preform in front of 30,000 fans during nationally televised games
– Be a Ticats ambassador in the community at a number of charitable and corporate events
– Featured in the Ticats Cheerleader calendar
– Create lifelong friendships and memories
All women wishing to audition for the 2012 Hamilton Tiger-Cats Cheerleading Team must meet the following requirements:
– You must have a dance, cheer and/or gymnastics background
– You must be 19 years of age by November 1st, 2012
– You must be available for two rehearsals per week from April to December at Goodlife Fitness in Burlington. Rehearsals will take place every Monday and Thursday night from 7:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
– You must be available for all Hamilton Tiger-Cats home games in the 2012 season. Click here to see schedule.
– You must be available for the 100th Grey Cup Weekend in Toronto. Thursday, November 22, 2012 to Monday, November 26, 2012.
– You must have graduated secondary school
– You must be physically fit and healthy
Cheer Tryout Agenda – Sunday, March 25, 2012
10:00-11:00am – Registration
11:00am – Warm-up and Introductions
11:30am – Choreography
12:30pm – Auditions begin
2:30pm – 1st cuts
3:00pm – Auditions resume
5:00pm – Wrap-up (possible 2nd cuts)
* interviews will be held on Tuesday April 3 and Thursday April 5 at the Ticats Head Office – sign-up sheet provided at the auditions.
** team will be announced on www.ticats.ca on April 2, 2012.
What to Wear
All women auditioning for the 2012 Hamilton Tiger-Cats Cheerleading Team should come dressed in proper attire:
– All black dance wear – half top and leggings or shorts (no baggy tops or pants)
– Dance or sports shoes
– Camera ready hair and make-up (hair down)
What to Bring
Please bring the following items with you to the audition:
– Photo Identification
– Current full-length photo of yourself (if you haven’t submitted one with your registration form)
– Bottled water
– Lunch or snacks
– $20 registration fee
What We Are Looking For
There are a number of qualities in a Hamilton Tiger-Cats Cheerleader that we will be looking for at the audition:
– Fit, talented, enthusiastic women
– Strong performer
– Positive attitude
– Team player
– Outgoing personality
– Eagerness to work hard and have fun
To register for the 2012 Hamilton Tiger-Cats Cheerleader Auditions, please complete and attach the registration form below, along with a full-length photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 23, 2012 at midnight. You will also need to bring $20 for the registration fee to the auditions.
Click here to download the registration form.
To view the members of our 2011 Hamilton Tiger-Cats Cheerleaders, click here.