Head Coach/Dance Team Coordinator
The Dance Team Coordinator is responsible for the choreography for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats Dance Team and for the overall development of the dance team program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment and development of quality individuals with dance ability
- Conduct, organize, administrate and promote all dance team auditions
- Act as liaison between the dance team and Tiger-Cats business operations
- Design and direct all choreography, routines, music selection, costuming and themes for the dance team
- Schedule, organize and conduct all practices and rehearsals
- Coordinate and schedule dance team performances at all games
- Manage Grey Cup Dance Team trip fundraising program
- Ensure that all dance team performances are of professional caliber and that the performers adhere to their dance obligations, conduct, care of uniforms, etc.
- Develop and sustain a strong relationship with local dance studios
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Mandatory attendance for all Tiger-Cats Home games and dance team rehearsals/practices
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of two years of experience as a professional choreographer for dance including but not limited to hip-hop and jazz technique
- Strong live entertainment background
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred in dance or performance arts
- Excellent administrative and time management skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high pressure environment
- Familiar with today’s trends in music and fashion
- Excellent people skills with an ability to interact professionally with dance team, members, fans and employees at all levels within the organization
- Excel at motivating performers and leading by example
- Committed to ensuring superior customer service and support of the team
- Able to take creative direction and feedback
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required
This is a part-time position reporting to the Events Coordinator.
Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful applicants will be contacted.