The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Forge FC Communications Department strives to offer the best media/public relations support in the Canadian Football League and the Canadian Premier League. The Communications Intern will play a key role in accomplishing this, while supporting both the football, soccer and the business sides of the organization. The role will also provide an opportunity for networking, and valuable operational and managerial experience.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Help enhance the image and profile of the Tiger-Cats and Forge FC in the media and with the public through strategic communications planning and execution
- Assist in compilation of news releases and advisories, media guides and other publications, game notes, media kits, etc.
- Maintain media contact lists
- Oversee accreditation process
- Game-Day responsibilities include: credential distribution at media entrance, press box runner, statistician assistant, etc.
- Assist in the compilation and delivery of media packets for visiting media, featuring game notes, clippings, credentials and statistics
- Help monitor CFL, CPL news at all times and keep appropriate internal staff informed
- Help coordinate the activities of the team photographer
- Serve as the team archivist (photos, etc.)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Passion for football, soccer, the Tiger-Cats, Forge FC, and the Hamilton community
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and problem solving ability
- Attention to detail and desire to improve and perfect any projects undertaken
- An ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- A flexible schedule as attendance for every home game is mandatory
- Previous experience working with high profile coaches/athletes is an asset
Please email résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.