With no tv broadcast, the Ticats Audio Network is the only place to catch both preseason games on May 28, June 3
BIG NAMES. BIG SHOWS. BIG COVERAGE
After a hugely successful first season, The Ticats Audio Network is ready, to launch into Season Two with every Tiger-Cats game broadcast including pre, half and postgame shows, household names, a wide variety of podcasts, and boundless coverage as Hamilton Tiger-Cats 2022 Training Camp presented by TELUS, begins on Sunday.
With the most star-studded and robust audio coverage of any Canadian professional sports team, The Ticats Audio Network announced, today, the return of RJ Broadhead, Luke Tasker and Andy Fantuz to the gameday broadcast and many other familiar and popular personalities to deliver the CFL’s most extensive team coverage, including: Tiger-Cats alumni Rob Hitchcock, Courtney Stephen, Mike Morreale, John “Coach Sal” Salavantis, Louis “Louie B” Butko, local radio personality Tracy Lynn, CHCH anchor Bubba O’Neil, and in-stadium host Natalie Sexton. All game day broadcasts from Tiger-Cats Pregame through Tiger-Cats Postgame can be heard at listen.ticats.ca and will simulcast on radio affiliates AM 900 CHML and Newstalk Sauga960AM.
“The reaction we received from our fans and from other teams last season made it clear we had the right people in-place, and we were creating the content and access fans crave,” said Dave Cadeau, Associate Vice President of Brand, Content and Communications of the Hamilton Sports Group. “The overwhelming response is that our fans want more, and we plan to build off of our strong foundation and give our fans more content to consume, when and where they want it”
The Ticats Audio Network, now led by former Rogers Sports & Media VP, Peter McKeown, will look to increase innovations to not only take fans deeper inside the game, but also to improve the in-stadium experience. Personalities from the Ticats Audio Network will be more present in the game day production, and audio and video content will be available on more platforms heading into the new season.
NEW FOR 2022
- Full Ticats gameday coverage, starting with Tiger-Cats Pregame, through Tiger-Cats Postgame will be streamed on listen.ticats.ca and simulcast on radio affiliates AM900 CHML and Newstalk Sauga960AM.
- With no television broadcast, the Ticats Audio Network will be the only place for fans to tune in to both preseason games on May 28 and June 3.
- The Ticats Audio Network will have a dedicated outdoor studio in the north end zone of Tim Hortons Field.
- More Ticats Audio Network integration into the Tim Hortons Field in-stadium experience.
Radio affiliate network was expanded to include Newstalk Sauga960AM
- The broadcast team will hit the road for the first time, broadcasting live from Alumni stadium at Guelph University on June 3 .
- New podcasts currently in production include On the Reel: With Courtney Stephen and Coach Sal: Stories, with more to come.
RETURNING FOR 2022
- The most star-studded talent lineup in Canadian professional sports, featuring Ticats alumni Luke Tasker, Andy Fantuz, Courtney Stephen, Rob Hitchcock and Mike Morreale.
- Local personalities such as CHCH anchor Bubba O’Neil, Louis “Louie B” Butko, Tracy Lynn and Natalie Sexton.
- Unprecedented access to Tiger-Cats coaches and players.
- Weekly podcast favourites including: Morreale & Hitch, The Ticats This Week, Speaking With The Enemy, The Coach O Show with Luke Tasker, The CFL This Week, Tiger-Cats Postgame and Just the Points.