Labour Day Classic returns to afternoon kickoff, highlighting fan-friendly home schedule
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced the club’s 2019 schedule Thursday, featuring a great mix of Friday and Saturday games, with a balance of evening and afternoon kickoffs. The Tiger-Cats will host their oldest rivals, the Toronto Argonauts, three times in 2019 (2 regular season, 1 preseason) including the Labour Day Classic, which returns to a 1 p.m. time slot on WeatherTech Football Day in Hamilton Monday, September 2 at Tim Hortons Field. The Ticats will kick off the 2019 schedule with their home and regular season opener against the Saskatchewan Roughriders Thursday, June 13 at 7:30 p.m.
Visit Ticats.ca/schedule to view the 2019 schedule.
“The 2019 home schedule has a fantastic balance of afternoon and evening games, and weeknights and weekends, making it perfect for both family and social outings. It has something for everyone,” said Matt Afinec, President and Chief Operating Officer of the Tiger-Cats. “The fan experience is something that evolves year-to-year, so after three successful years in prime-time, we’re excited to shift back to a 1 p.m. kickoff for the Labour Day Classic in 2019 as part of our annual WeatherTech Football Day in Hamilton festivities on Mark’s Labour Day Weekend.”
Returning specialty games in 2019:
- WeatherTech Football Day in Hamilton – September 2: A celebration of football and live music, culminating in the Labour Day Classic vs. Argonauts. More programing details to come in the new year
- Canadian Football Hall of Fame Game – August 10: This clash with the BC Lions features a halftime induction ceremony of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame Class of 2019
- Wall of Honour Game – Date TBD: A soon-to-be selected Tiger-Cats legend’s name and number will join other distinguished Wall of Honour inductees on the upper facade on the west side of Tim Hortons Field during a halftime ceremony
Returning family-friendly and social viewing experience features of Tim Hortons Field:
- Stripes Jungle, the Tiger-Cats themed children’s playground, presented by Findlay Law
- The popular post-game ‘Families on the Field’ program, presented by The Brick
- The Stipley, Canada’s largest outdoor bar
- Craft Gardens, a destination for craft beer and unique food items
- Coors Banquet Bar, Tim Hortons Field’s country bar
- A 360 degree view of the field from anywhere on the concourse, including access around the venue from north to south and east to west
Season seats are now available for the 2019 season for as low as $20 per game, with cash back incentives of up to $100 per seat. Holiday packs, featuring a pair of tickets and a custom True Hamiltonian Ticats themed ‘Hamilton is Home’ t-shirt are also now on sale for $59. To purchase tickets, fans can visit Ticats.ca/tickets or call 905-547-2287.